Following a successful application and approval by the East Coast Amateur Radio Service (ECARS) board of directors, a grant of $948.20 has been awarded to The Educational Alliance for Amateur Radio (KE3AAR), a 501 C3 non-profit corporation in Pottstown, PA, that conducts The Boy Scouts of America Radio Merit Badge courses for Boy Scouts and the ARRL Wireless Technologies Award for Girl Scouts. The classes are designed as an outreach program to promote amateur radio awareness. The programs are also designed to use amateur radio as vehicle for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education. The awarded funds will purchase Radio receivers, transmitter and Direction finding antennas to be used in the courses. The East Coast Amateur Radio Service, Inc. can provide financial support for other worthy amateur radio related initiatives. The focus of this grant program is to support Amateur Radio and other non-profit organizations with programs to educate, license and otherwise support Amateur Radio activities with emphasis on youth-based projects.
- The K7RA Solar Update
- W6NBC Wins the April QST Cover Plaque Award
- W5KUB to Stream Hamvention® 2018 Worldwide
- Special Call Signs to be On the Air for 2018 FIFA World Cup, More Invited
- “Horizons” is Next Mission for Astronaut Alexander Gerst, KF5ONO
- The Doctor Will See You Now!
- FCC Commissioner Mignon Clyburn Stepping Down
- Space Station Commemorative Slow-Scan TV Transmissions Prove Extremely Popular
Search our site